Application Engineer ( Mechanical)
- We are expanding! A great opportunity to be part of the dynamic and fast-growing team.
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- One of the global leaders in cleanroom automation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to travel locally and overseas for project requirements.
- Design & develop automated solutions based on customer’s requirements.
- Translate customer’s requirement into design specification, evaluate design feasibility & provide technical expertise to meet demands.
- Designing & implementing cost-effective automation equipment
- Responsible for pre-sales technical support to achieve design wins for immediate opportunities and expand the regional business.
- Contributing to sales presentations, as well as demonstrating prototypes and completed applications.
- Facilitating integration of Stratus Automation products into customer products or requirements.
- Liaising with customers and incorporate user-defined needs and feedback into system layout design.
- Provide customers with technical support.
- Enhance technical trouble shooting, installation schemes working with service engineers and arrange on-site installation schedule plan.
- Optimizing application by integrating new technologies and perform upgrades.
- Performing on-site diagnostic test, create and verify new application use cases with Stratus products.
- Design and create application based technical marketing ideas and materials for business creation.
- Ensure product delivery is according to project schedule.
- Owning technical relationships with customers
- Coordinating communication with other stakeholders such like R&D Engineering team, Sales and Project Management team)
- Prepare conceptual design, 3D Model, 2D drawings by using 3D CAD software and other simulation tools.
- Generate the required BOM list for customer application project.
- Design required structure and fixture for dedicated customer layout.
- Raise PR that aligns with the project schedule.
- Make final inspection on the site project to ensure all system work according to the project spec.
- Other duties and assignments as instructed by superiors from time to time.
- To comply with all requirements of ISO (inclusive of all standards approved by management)
- To adhere to general safety practices, standard operating procedure, work instructions, policies and guidelines provided by the company.
- Preferable Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or Draftsight.
- Proficient in Microsoft.
- Good communication skill in verbal & written.
- Good in analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Fast learner with ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in engineering calculation & material characteristics.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Knowledge regarding design ergonomics & safety.
- Knowledge in Semiconductor industries.
- Knowledge in Cleanroom requirements & specification.