As an R&D Mechatronics Engineer, you will conduct innovative research and development of our next generation products and improving our current products. This role reports to the manager of the R&D department.
- Work as a key technical member and technical leader in the software and control systems.
- Program PLCs and/or write firmware for our products
- Select electrical components and create electrical schematic diagrams
- Perform installation of electrical components on prototypes
- Act as a bridge between or mechanical engineers and electronic engineers
- Design robotic systems to transport material
- Create software that interfaces with external hardware
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics/Computer Science/Software Engineering or related fields. Diploma holders will start with a Junior Engineer role but have the opportunity to be promoted.
- Able to program in C/C++ and ladder logic
- Able to understand and draw electrical and electronic schematics
- Willing to work at different working locations, including overseas, when necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about robotics or machines.
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of one’s own work.
- Willing to step out of one’s comfort zone.
- Although we will provide training, we expect successful candidates to be able to read documentation and self-study some reading material.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implementing innovative ideas and concepts in Stratus products.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Have some interest in mechanical systems and/or transmission protocols