R&D Electric & Electronic Engineer
As an R&D Electrical and Electronic Engineer, you will conduct innovative research and development of our next generation products and improving our current products. This role reports to the manager of the R&D department.
- Work as a key technical member and technical leader in developing new robots and material handling systems.
- Select electrical components and create electrical schematic diagrams
- Perform installation of electrical components on prototypes
- Work with other engineers on wire/cable routing and power electronics and transmission
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and embedded systems
- PLC programming (Firmware programming is a bonus)
- Provide technical consultation for project manager and customer from time to time.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics or related fields. Diploma holders will start with a Junior Engineer role but have the opportunity to be promoted.
- Familiar with motors and microcontrollers
- Familiarity with power electronics and inductive components is a bonus
- Willing to work at different working locations, including overseas, when necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about robotics or machines.
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of one’s own work.
- Willing to step out of one’s comfort zone.
- Although we will provide training, we expect successful candidates to be able to read documentation and self-study some reading material.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implementing innovative ideas and concepts in Stratus products.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Have some interest in mechanical systems