R&D Electronics Manager
- We are expanding! A great opportunity to be part of the dynamic and fast-growing team.
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- One of the global leaders in cleanroom automation.
The manager’s main role is to lead a team of electronic engineers to develop new products for the company. The manager will use their insights and influence to guide and teach their team about the current automation industry needs. They will also offer unique perspectives on current automation technology.
The manager will utilize their engineering design skills, techniques, and knowledge to decrease the team’s development time, reduce overall system cost, and improve the performance of the company’s end products. They will also provide insights on hardware, firmware, and development tools to support existing projects and accelerate product development.
We are looking for a self-driven and entrepreneurial individual who possesses strong technical skills in electrical engineering, electronics, and embedded systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the R&D department to complete projects by providing in-depth engineering support and design products using the latest technologies.
- Engage with project management, marketing and other teams to provide pre- and post-sales technical support to the engineer.
- Co-create and execute business development strategies along with the client engagement team from a technical perspective.
- Deliver technical training.
- Support the client engagement team in identifying new opportunities, drive discussions with client-side system architects and R&D teams, understand their needs and propose solutions based on Stratus Automation product offerings that can solve their challenges.
- Define product architecture, conceptualize and prototype new designs based on specifications.
- Ensure design processes and documentation meet company requirements.
- Lead a team of engineers and/or designers through different phases of the product development.
- Willing to travel to receive training or to support projects as needed.
- Diploma/ degree or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with embedded system design.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and system architecture design.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with schematic and PCB layout design and tools.
- Analytical, independent, highly energized, good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and good leadership qualities.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Attend meetings with customers and design team.