The Project Manager will successfully manage projects from start to closure, utilizing all company resources, resulting in satisfied customers, increased productivity, and increased profitability. Customer oriented, with the ability to represent STRATUS and offer ideas and solutions to a customer or non-technical audiences. The Project Manager will report to the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Manage all aspects of projects – including developing and sharing initial sales/technical proposal.
- Acknowledge to customer receipt of purchase order ensuring adherence to the terms of the project proposal.
- Coordinate project phase gate reviews, internal and external project phase kickoffs
- Maintain communication with customer throughout the project, including the submittal of project status updates.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the project team throughout the project.
- Coordinate and track the development of design and build.
- Outlining the human and material resources required to successfully complete each project.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the customer, document and distribute meeting minutes, action items and decisions.
- Create and distribute standard Project Management deliverables: –
- Daily status updates
- Tasks, Action Items, Issues, Risks, Decisions
- Resource Plans
- Weekly dashboard
- Track all contract changes with a written Project Change Notification and maintain a revision summary.
- Conduct Project Closeout meetings designed to capture the highlights and lowlights of the project.
- National and international travel may be required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Skillful negotiator with the ability to keep involved parties content and working toward a unified goal at all times.
- Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs.
- Experience working in a multi-skilled engineering environment coordinating Change Requests and Service Requests.
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word) and MS Project
- Core values, exceptional work ethic and continuous improvement
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload
- Management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier, and geographically dispersed virtual teams.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- A degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years project management experience in an automation/equipment manufacturing environment
- Other relevant experience in a related technical field (AMHS, ASRS, System integration) is preferred.
- Project management certification (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2) is required.
- Ability to converse in German language would be advantageous.
Position is based in Penang, Malaysia