SMT Process Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- NPI Coordinator – Responsible for transition of products from design to manufacturing team and coordinate all manufacturing-design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Process R&D Documentation and resolve any confusion or conflicting information.
- Analyse all new BOM and ECN completeness.
- Resolve discrepancies through communication with the R&D contact window, and all functional departments.
- Verify necessary R&D documents are attached to each ECN and submit to Document Control. Verify ECN assemblies’ revisions match the revisions on the BOM.
- Generate any internal documentation needed to process R&D Documentation internally (e.g. ECN cover sheets, summarized changes, BOM compares, etc.)
- Initiate an ECN meeting and coordinate with the Planning and Purchasing groups to ensure that all affectivity dates, revision status, BOM changes, rework instructions are correct. Communicate changes to work-cell team and obtain all required signatures.
- Advise Document Control of all assembly changes and keep an accurate and up to date revision status sheet.
- Ensure all Stratus PCBA assembly line running in good condition as per production schedule.
- Performing SMT Final Assembly process and equipment maintenance as per standard operating procedure.
- Ensure Assembly line performs at high productivity with zero downtime.
- Process and equipment troubleshooting and line balancing.
- Updating soldering Iron temperature charts, screw assembly tools and other process that require maintenance together with equipment monitoring systems.
- Update and generating Process Control plan, FMEA and Work Instruction for Production use.
- Fabricating jig and fixture to meet product assembly requirements.
- Minimum Diploma in Engineering with > 5 years exposure OR Master/Degree in Engineering with > 2 years exposure in PCBA manufacturing environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent project & time management capabilities