Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated and diligent individuals who have the potential to be the future leaders or specialists in our company. As we strive to keep up with our growth, our work loads will be high but in return you will be learning new skills swiftly. We value actual work output, so high performing individuals are able to progress quickly regardless of experience. If you are looking for a job where your excellent performance will be rewarded with an expedited career progression, this job will be for you. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
As an R&D Mechanical Engineer, you will conduct innovative research and development of our next generation products and improving our current products. This role reports to the head of the Mechanical R&D department.
- Work as a key technical member and technical leader in the Hardware and Design team.
- Identify the requirements of hardware and mechanical components for our current and new products.
- As the owner of mechanical design, work with our partners, vendors, and other team members to design and build prototypes of robotic systems.
- Perform testing, troubleshooting and qualifying prototypes.
- Execute hands-on work and conduct innovative research to solve problems in practical applications.
- Manage the relationship with our key external vendors.
- Work as an internal expert and consultant for other Stratus teams.
- Write documentation for internal use and external customers.
- Other duties may be required to ensure the smooth running of the R&D effort within the Hardware and Design R&D team.
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics or related fields.
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other CAD software.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Familiar with or willing to learn about ISO drawing standards and GD&T.
- Willing to work at different working locations, including overseas, when necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about robotics or machines.
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of one’s own work.
- Willing to step out of one’s comfort zone.
- Although we will provide training, we expect successful candidates to be able to read documentation and self-study some reading material.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implementing innovative ideas and concepts in Stratus products.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Have some interest in electronics and control systems.
- Have some experience in machining and have used a mill or lathe before.
More about us:
Stratus Automation is a company headquartered in the US. We specialize in providing cleanroom Automated Material Handling System (AMHS) to cleanroom FAB all around the world. We mainly cater to Semiconductor Manufacturers. We have customers in Europe, the US, Singapore, China and Malaysia. In order to be relevant in this industry, we have a R&D team that is working on improving current products and creating new product lines that meet customer FAB requirements.