R&D Electrical Engineer
- We are expanding! A great opportunity to be part of the dynamic and fast-growing team.
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- One of the global leaders in cleanroom automation.
As an R&D Electrical Engineer, you will conduct innovative research and development of our next generation products and improving our current products. This role reports to the manager of the R&D department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a key technical member and technical leader in electrical engineering.
- Design electrical systems for our new products, create electrical schematics and prepare the bill of materials.
- Perform analysis of electrical systems, including calculating power requirements and performing simulations.
- Supervise the installation of electrical components on prototypes and may have to perform the installation sometimes.
- Perform testing of our electrical components and document the results.
- Program PLC and load firmware into our existing components.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues on prototypes.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related fields. Diploma holders will start with a Junior Engineer role but have the opportunity to be promoted.
- Familiar with electrical and electronic components, such as relays, inductors, opto-coupler and many others.
- Able to understand and draw electrical and electronic schematics.
- Knows how to operate an oscilloscope and signal generator.
- Willing to work at different working locations, including overseas, when necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about robotics or machines.
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of one’s own work.
- Willing to step out of one’s comfort zone.
- Although we will provide training, we expect successful candidates to be able to read documentation and self-study some reading material.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implementing innovative ideas and concepts in Stratus products.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Have some interest in mechanical systems and/or transmission protocols.